LautanJobs.com - Today’s employment recruitment is extremely very competitive, that is certainly why you need to operate wisely and it's also not just a tricky course of action. LautanJobs.com will give you opportunity to get it done which means you could help to make the right conclusion inside far better strategy to receive swift along with superior outcome. This way you will definately get better probability and safer live sometime soon. Oxnard School District is one of the firms you can trust to present your family appropriate in addition to much better reside in the foreseeable future. Joining this company will make a person competent to attain your own purpose simpler and help make the desire be realized.
To help to make this company imaginative and prescient vision and also assignment comes legitimate; Oxnard School District will be open regarding fresh place seeing that Public Information Officer throughout Oxnard begin as September 2017. Everybody who’s thinking about completing this kind of nonincome producing, you should engage in this particular Public Information Officer September 2017 recruitment within Oxnard. It truly is recommended for everyone members to organize many essential prerequisites just for this employment recruitment method, for the reason that method will be needing someone to give suitable standards which the organization would like due to this location. If you are that you are one that may load the options, you can attempt to see more information about Public Information Officer September 2017 in Oxnard below.
The Oxnard School District, located in beautiful Oxnard, California and just south of Ventura and Santa Barbara, is seeking a dynamic professional to fill the role of Public Information Officer.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• a public relations background with advanced knowledge of various forms of media and communications;
• the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, adapt to change, coordinate multiple projects, and work effectively under pressure;
• a highly positive attitude and ability to present a positive image to the community;
• exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
• a strong customer service orientation;
• great creativity and a flexible, adaptable, and forward thinking approach.
What will be your role?
• Direct external communications of the District in order to promote understanding and support for the District and its programs;
• Develop and implement communication strategies for programs, initiatives, services, and events;
• Serve as a spokesperson for the District in media relations;
• Compose press releases, newsletters, speeches, website content, etc.;
• Respond to news stories and present a positive view of the District;
• Anticipate potentially volatile or sensitive issues and diffuse controversy;
• Plan, coordinate, and promote District and community events.
What is required?
• Education: A Bachelor's degree in public relations, political science, journalism, marketing, or other closely related field.
• Experience: Three years of experience in coordinating, developing, and implementing communications, media, and public relations activities. Public sector experience is preferred.
Please see below for complete job description and requirements.
For an overview of the Classified Employment Process including information on application screening, testing, health and welfare benefits, and advanced salary step placement, please click here: Classified Employment Procedure .
Recruitment is to fill one current 8 hours per day, 12 months per year management position that includes 22 vacation and 12 sick days per year and a District-paid contribution towards health & welfare benefits. Testing will also create an eligibility list to fill any vacancies over the course of one year.
For this recruitment you must attach the following for your application to not be rejected:
1) Proof of your highest obtained education (Bachelor's degree, transcripts, etc.). Note: Transcripts or diplomas from foreign countries must be certified to meet the US equivalent.
Please refer to the "Employment Standards" section of this bulletin to make sure you meet all requirements before applying.
This is a Dual Certification Recruitment: Candidates who attain a passing score on each examination part will be placed in rank order on an eligibility list after promotional credits are added to the composite test scores of promotional candidates. These examinations are open to permanent employees and the public.
Class specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees in the class. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Under the direction of the Superintendent, plans, organizes, controls, and directs the internal and external communications of the District; promotes understanding and support for the District through public awareness; serves as a spokesperson for the District in media relations; and performs a variety of other duties relative to assigned area of responsibility.
This is a single position classification responsible for overseeing the District's public relations and communications to ensure understanding and support for the District and its goals and objective in order to support student learning and achievement.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
• Receives supervision from the Superintendent or designee.
Examples of Duties:
• Develops, recommends, and implements communication strategies for programs, initiatives, services, and events of the Oxnard School District;
• As designated by the Superintendent, serves as spokesperson for the District in media relations including directly responding to media inquiries; establishes and maintains positive working relationships with members of the print, radio, and television media; maintains confidentiality of sensitive and privileged information;
• Plans, organizes, controls, and directs the internal and external communications of the District; coordinates and implements effective methods for communicating District policies, programs, achievements, philosophies, and events to the media, employees, and the community; reviews and approves external publications and social media;
• Composes written and oral communications such as speeches, press releases, news conference materials, newsletters, and website content to convey information in accordance with District policies and procedures; creates, updates, and manages the District's social media presence;
• Responds to news stories regarding the District by providing timely and accurate information without disruption of school or District site operations; anticipates issues of potential volatility or debate and prepare responses to defuse controversy;
• Encourages media stories and provided responses to requests for information that provide effective public understanding of District issues, objectives, and accomplishments;
• Supports individual schools, the Board of Trustees, and the Superintendent in actively communicating Board actions, education policies and procedures, District programs, and information campaigns;
• Plans and coordinates District and community events; promotes and publicizes Districts and programs to the media;
• Attends a variety of meetings in the community with parents, business groups, and organizations to promote and share information about the District; develops and manages business partnerships;
• Advises District representatives on strategies in addressing crisis communications and assists with the development and release of such information;
• Prepares and directs the preparation and maintenance of a variety of reports, records, and files related to assigned activities.
Other Related Duties
• Assists with requests from the media and the public for public records information;
• Assists in developing partnerships with corporations to assist with fundraising activities for District programs and events;
• May conduct tours for community groups and visiting dignitaries;
• Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
Education: A Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university with a major in public relations, political science, journalism, marketing, or other closely related field.
Experience: Three years of experience in coordinating, developing, and implementing communications, media, and public relations activities. Public sector experience is preferred.
Special: Possession of a valid California driver's license.
Ability to be insured, and continue to be insurable, by the District's liability insurance carrier.
All licenses, certificates, and other requirements listed above are required at the time of employment and must be maintained during the course of employment unless otherwise noted.
Physical Requirements: Employees in this classification stand, walk, sit, stoop, bend, reach overhead, lift and carry up to 20 pounds without assistance, push, pull, use fingers, wrists, and hands repetitively, use both hands simultaneously, speak clearly, hear normal voice conversation, and see small details.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND TRAITS
• Principles, methods, and theories of communications, public relations, and marketing;
• Public information channels and methods of distributing news;
• Newspaper, radio, television, and other communications media sources;
• Procedures for crisis communications;
• District organization, operations, policies, and objectives;
• Modern office practices, procedures, and equipment;
• Social media management techniques;
• Good public relations and public speaking techniques;
• Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary;
• Pertinent Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations.
• Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of actions;
• Exercise good and sound judgment;
• Plan and organize work to meet schedules and timelines in an environment with constantly changing priorities;
• Compose clear and comprehensive correspondence, memoranda, reports, and other materials independently;
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships;
• Work effectively with officials and employees of the District, other public agencies, and the public;
• Speak effectively in public speaking engagements, interviews, and other interactions with the media/press;
• Efficiently and effectively react to emergencies;
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
• Provide information and assistance to parents, the general public, and other staff members in a helpful, courteous, and timely manner;
• Operate a variety of office machines and equipment such as a personal computer and all applicable hardware and software, copiers, scanners, typewriters, calculators, and fax machines;
• Maintain confidentiality of privileged information obtained in the course of work.
• Appreciates the differences among people;
• Diligently attends to details and quality;
• Easily adapts to situations and changes;
• Effectively manages one's own time, priorities, and resources;
• Is trustworthy and responsible for his/her actions;
• Logically grasps and thinks through issues and problems;
• Promotes goals and leads by example;
• Remains steady under pressure;
• Stays focused and has good work ethic;
• Strives to meet customers' needs;
• Works around obstacles and is self-starting.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Employees in this classification work primarily inside an office environment, with frequent interruptions, with changing priorities and short deadlines, and may drive an automobile to conduct work.
APPOINTMENT: In accordance with Education Code Section 45301, an employee appointed to this class must serve a probationary period of one (1) year during which time an employee must demonstrate at least an overall satisfactory performance in order to attain permanent status in the classified service.
Salary Range: Classified Management Salary Schedule
If you are interested and qualified to follow the job recruitment, you have to prepare yourself and send your application letter immediately. Only candidates who meet the criteria for Public Information Officer in Oxnard, Oxnard who will be called to attend interview. If you still do not satisfy with our job recruitment information above, you can try to read other job recruitment information that we provide in our website which still located in Oxnard region from any other company. You can also try to find other job recruitment information for Public Information Officer in Oxnard below.
The above information may have been invalid or not applicable. First check to the company concerned about the information above before applying. Never give money for any reason related to the job. All information is automatically displayed from Indeed.com