Parks Superintendent Job Opening at City of Gresham, OR in Gresham June 2017
LautanJobs.com - Today’s employment recruitment is extremely very competitive, that is certainly why you need to operate wisely and it's also not just a tricky course of action. LautanJobs.com will give you opportunity to get it done which means you could help to make the right conclusion inside far better strategy to receive swift along with superior outcome. This way you will definately get better probability and safer live sometime soon. City of Gresham, OR is one of the firms you can trust to present your family appropriate in addition to much better reside in the foreseeable future. Joining this company will make a person competent to attain your own purpose simpler and help make the desire be realized.
To help to make this company imaginative and prescient vision and also assignment comes legitimate; City of Gresham, OR will be open regarding fresh place seeing that Parks Superintendent throughout Gresham begin as June 2017. Everybody who’s thinking about completing this kind of nonincome producing, you should engage in this particular Parks Superintendent June 2017 recruitment within Gresham. It truly is recommended for everyone members to organize many essential prerequisites just for this employment recruitment method, for the reason that method will be needing someone to give suitable standards which the organization would like due to this location. If you are that you are one that may load the options, you can attempt to see more information about Parks Superintendent June 2017 in Gresham below.
Parks Superintendent at City of Gresham, OR in Gresham June 2017
The City of Gresham is seeking a strong, collaborative, team oriented manager to serve as its Parks Superintendent. This position's primary focus is on creating an exceptional parks, open spaces, trails and pathways experience for residents and visitors alike. This experience is defined by safe and sound infrastructure and clean, well-maintained and properly managed properties. The Parks Superintendent will lead a team that is focused on the goal of providing high quality Parks operations with limited resources. This person also has the agility to work across divisional and departmental lines in order to triage and manage public service items of various priorities.
The Parks Superintendent reports to the Facilities, Parks and Fleet Manager, but will autonomously lead and manage Parks operations, including asset management, personnel management, and project management relating to Parks operations. The successful candidate will join a collaborative team of operations Superintendents, and will serve as a 24 hour on call Superintendent for one week out of every five weeks.
The City of Gresham Parks system includes more than 300 acres of park land, 840 acres of natural areas, and more than 8 miles of paved bike/pedestrian trails. Currently these areas are maintained by 6 regular status staff members, 2 limited term employees (and seasonal staff about six months each year). The number of parks the city maintains totals 29 with a mixture of improved parks, community parks, and unimproved parks, with varying amenities.
This position serves as the manager of Parks operations for a city of over 520 employees that serves over 100,000 residents. Gresham is the state's fourth largest city located in the northwest part of the state between Portland and Mount Hood. With a growing and diverse population, Gresham is home to many businesses and is also near to beautiful Mount Hood, the world renowned Columbia River Gorge Scenic Area, the Pacific Ocean and is minutes away from Downtown Portland.
The functions performed by this position may include, but are not limited to;
- Supervises assigned public works operations to achieve goals within budgeted funds and available personnel; reviews progress and makes changes in priorities and schedules as needed. Assures compliance with applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
- Supervises and directs crew leads who oversee the work of skilled and unskilled workers engaged in installation, maintenance, and repair activities in the field. Troubleshoots and problem solves the more difficult and non-routine operational issues.
- Provides leadership and works with staff to create a high performance, service oriented work environment that support the City's mission, objectives and service expectations; provides leadership and participates in programs and activities that promote workplace diversity and a positive work environment.
- Schedules routine and non-routine work assignments; explains work activities or procedures; allocates equipment to projects; estimates project costs, equipment and material needs.
- Inspects work in progress and upon completion to assure compliance with safety standards and City procedures and standards.
- Evaluates, coaches, disciplines, and is responsible for the selection and training of all direct reports employees within assigned operations section.
- Develops short and long-range work projects for assigned area of responsibility; coordinates work of section with other City departments and personnel. Recommends and implements goals, standards, and strategies for assigned activities.
- Maintains systems and records that provide for proper documentation of assigned activities. Develops and oversees data tracking systems and utilizes applicable software packages to maintain maintenance records.
- Creates and reviews a variety of reports including accident or damage reports, equipment reports, material usage reports, personnel time reports and procurement cards statements.
- Assures public safety and assures safe working conditions through inspections and training programs; assures work is being carried out according to proper methods and procedures.
- Responds to inquiries and complaints from the public regarding daily operations and construction, maintenance, and repair functions.
- Prepares and monitors assigned operating budget; oversees the procurement and inventory of equipment and supplies; prepares specifications and administers contracts for equipment and outside services; monitors contract performance.
Vital projects and tasks the incumbent will be asked to take on in the first six months of employment include:
- Assisting team leads in the oversight of a number of new frontline employees
- Meeting with and fostering partnerships with a variety of interest groups (e.g., contractors; sports teams/leagues; neighborhood associations; volunteers)
- Familiarizing with the City's Parks Master Plan.
- Staying informed and in communication with other City departments during construction of a new planned park: Hogan Butte Nature Park.
The ideal candidate:
- Has demonstrated technical skills with regards to municipal Parks operations.
- Has knowledge of the regulatory drivers of and construction management principles and practices applied to Parks operations.
- Displays a strong understanding of principles and practices, methods, techniques and equipment related to parks operations and maintenance.
- Knows effective and proper safety standards, practices and procedures relating to equipment operation, heavy labor, pesticide application, and the use of hand and power tools and equipment.
- Has knowledge of personnel administrative rules and bargaining contract provisions.
- Has knowledge or experience with basic Governmental budgeting.
- Has experience with short and long term strategic planning.
- Has experience with computers and software programs related to parks management including Word, Excel, Power Point, GIS, and Google Earth.
- Has knowledge of effective supervisory methods and techniques.
As a leader, the ideal candidate will display the ability to lead by example. With a strong understanding of management and personnel principles, the Parks Superintendent will manage, organize and assign the work of a collaborative team. This candidate will build strong relationships with direct reports, peers and throughout Operations, the department, and the City.
The ideal candidate will display broad professional attributes contributing to success within the Parks division. The Parks Superintendent communicates well both in writing and verbally and is an active listener. Willing to take risks, the ideal candidate is accountable, responsible, and is comfortable making decisions.
A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities to perform this position would be:
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in Parks Operations and Maintenance.
- Minimum of two years in a supervisory role supporting Parks Operations.
Licenses and Other Requirements:
Required application materials include:
- First Aid and CPR Certification.
- a complete online application
- answers to supplemental questions
- letter of interest summarizing qualifications and interest in the position
Click "Apply" at the top of this posting to start the online application. A review of all application materials will be conducted to determine the most qualified candidates to be invited to an oral board interview. Faxed or mailed resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the completed online application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you desire a modification of this process to accommodate a disability, please provide your request in writing, or by phone to 503-618-2729 or HR@GreshamOregon.gov .
The City of Gresham provides qualifying veterans and disabled veterans with preference in employment in accordance with state law. Any candidate wishing to have their qualifying veteran's preference applied to the process must submit a qualifying document (DD Form 214 or 215) at the time of application providing proof of eligibility that includes discharge status. Disabled veterans must also submit a copy of their Veteran's disability preference letter from the US Department of Veteran Affairs at the time of application, unless the information is included in the DD Form 214 or 215.
An offer of employment will include a contingency for passing a criminal background check and other applicable pre-hire testing.
Please direct all questions about this process to HR@GreshamOregon.gov
, or call 503-618-2729.
For assistance with the online application please contact NEOGOV directly at 1-855-524-5627.
PLEASE COMPLETE AND SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE AT:
1333 NW Eastman Parkway
Gresham, OR 97030
If you are interested and qualified to follow the job recruitment, you have to prepare yourself and send your application letter immediately. Only candidates who meet the criteria for Parks Superintendent in Gresham, Gresham who will be called to attend interview. If you still do not satisfy with our job recruitment information above, you can try to read other job recruitment information that we provide in our website which still located in Gresham region from any other company. You can also try to find other job recruitment information for Parks Superintendent in Gresham below.
The above information may have been invalid or not applicable. First check to the company concerned about the information above before applying. Never give money for any reason related to the job. All information is automatically displayed from Indeed.com