Neighborhood Services Coordinator Job Opening at City of Oakland, CA in Oakland
LautanJobs.com - Today’s employment recruitment is extremely very competitive, that is certainly why you need to operate wisely and it's also not just a tricky course of action. LautanJobs.com will give you opportunity to get it done which means you could help to make the right conclusion inside far better strategy to receive swift along with superior outcome. This way you will definately get better probability and safer live sometime soon. City of Oakland, CA is one of the firms you can trust to present your family appropriate in addition to much better reside in the foreseeable future. Joining this company will make a person competent to attain your own purpose simpler and help make the desire be realized.
To help to make this company imaginative and prescient vision and also assignment comes legitimate; City of Oakland, CA will be open regarding fresh place seeing that Neighborhood Services Coordinator throughout Oakland begin as October 2017. Everybody who’s thinking about completing this kind of nonincome producing, you should engage in this particular Neighborhood Services Coordinator October 2017 recruitment within Oakland. It truly is recommended for everyone members to organize many essential prerequisites just for this employment recruitment method, for the reason that method will be needing someone to give suitable standards which the organization would like due to this location. If you are that you are one that may load the options, you can attempt to see more information about Neighborhood Services Coordinator October 2017 in Oakland below.
Neighborhood Services Coordinator at City of Oakland, CA in Oakland October 2017
The City of Oakland is currently recruiting to fill a Neighborhood Services Coordinator vacancy within the Oakland Police Department. The Neighborhood Services Coordinator performs community outreach, acts as a liaison between community groups and the Oakland Police Department, addresses crime prevention needs and establishes a rapport with local groups, organizations, and businesses. The ideal candidate is community oriented, is a team player and has the ability to multitask.
Under direction in the Oakland Police Department, the Neighborhood Services Coordinator position coordinates and provides crime prevention services and resources; develops and strengthens leadership skills of community members; facilitates resolution of neighborhood issues in direct support of the philosophy, strategies, and techniques of community policing; and performs related work as required.
This is a public contact position. Although no current vacancies require a specific language, the eligible list may be used to fill future vacancies that may require bilingual skills.
Must be able to work flexible hours, which may include nights and some weekends.
The eligibility list established from this recruitment may be used to fill other vacancies that occur within The City including full-time and permanent part-time positions, if applicable.
#WORKOAKLAND See us on Facebook
Examples of Duties:
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare and analyze complex reports; and maintain records.
- Respond to inquiries or requests for service from interested community groups and citizens; identifies problems and implements problem-solving strategies utilizing appropriate community resources.
- Plan, implement, coordinate, activate and evaluate a comprehensive community resource network in a particular neighborhood that directly supports community-policing efforts.
- Solicit community participation, support and input in determining crime prevention needs; approach individuals, businesses, community organizations, and school officials for assistance with problem solving in the community.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with individuals, businesses, community organizations, school officials and local government staff to assess that programs and activities are meeting the existing and changing needs of the community; represent the Police Department at community meetings and events.
- Attend Neighborhood Crime Prevention Council meetings; provide technical assistance to Neighborhood Crime Prevention Council leaders and members in the areas of problem solving, crime prevention, capacity building, community engagement, leadership and organizational development. Utilize community outreach strategies such as canvassing, flyering, one-on-ones to disseminate information, and generate referrals and interest in programs such as the Neighborhood Crime Prevention Councils and Neighborhood Watch. Partner with Community Resource Officers and others to research issues and solve problems, both in the field and in the office. Ensure that Neighborhood Crime Prevention Council leaders and members are informed about the block, neighborhood, citywide approach to community policing as outlined in Resolution 79235.
- Work with Neighborhood Watch captains, businesses/merchants, faith communities, schools, community based organizations and other stakeholders to develop their leadership and collaborative problem-solving skills, strengthen their groups, and involve them in the Neighborhood Crime Prevention Councils; and facilitate problem-solving in partnership with the police department and other staff. Work with Neighborhood Watch captains to help them network with each other and NCPC leaders on the beat. Ensure that Neighborhood Watch captains are informed about the block, neighborhood, citywide approach to community policing as outlined in Resolution 79235.
- Conduct and analyze community needs assessment surveys for improving programs and services; participate in community planning or advisory activities.
- Coordinate, promote, and host special events and programs including National Night Out and the annual Community Summit.
- Assist in the development of short and long term program planning and goals.
- Coordinate and participate in the design, preparation and distribution of publicity including press releases, brochures, and flyers; promote community-policing efforts through the news media.
- Serve as staff resource to citizen-based Neighborhood Crime Prevention Councils.
Minimum Requirements for Application:Any combination of education and experience that is equivalent to the following minimum qualifications is acceptable. Education:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in public administration, communications, social science, political science or a related field. Experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.Experience:
Two (2) years of progressively responsible work experience in community-based or crime prevention programs or community organizing with a high degree of public contact. Experience identifying and developing leaders and providing training is highly desirable.LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE/OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Individuals who are appointed to this position will be required to maintain a valid California Driver's License throughout the tenure of employment OR demonstrate the ability to travel to various locations in a timely manner as required in the performance of duties.OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Bilingual skills in Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin and Vietnamese are highly desirable and may be required depending on assignment.
Must pass a thorough background investigation, including fingerprinting and criminal record clearance.KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Oral and written presentation skills; and report preparation and analysis.
- Records management and general office procedures and equipment.
- The principles of community organizing; techniques to address and improve the needs of the community.
- Needs assessment methodologies; and principles and practices of leadership development.
- Public relations and marketing techniques.
- Plan, utilize and evaluate problem-solving strategies in response to community needs.
- Analyze criminal activity data and identify trends.
- Analyze potential problem situations and respond appropriately.
- Solve problems, make decisions, and work independently.
- Develop and maintain positive work relationships with community leaders, co-workers, organizations, businesses, citizens and other City departments.
- Train individuals on relevant topics such as meeting facilitation, agenda development, problem solving, media relations, public speaking, and mediation.
- Organize and provide leadership and direction in a diverse community.
- Elicit community and organizational support for programs.
- Communicate effectively and persuasively in both oral and written form; speak effectively in large and small group settings.
- Coordinate a variety of programs and activities inter-departmentally and with outside agencies.
- Develop residents' leadership skills to solve problems in their neighborhoods by organizing effectively.
- Learn the organizational structure of the City government; various criminal and vehicle codes.
- Explain Police Department regulations and procedures.
Supplemental Information:The Selection Process
Stage I: The first stage in the selection process will consist of a review of each applicant's employment application and supplemental questionnaire for minimum qualifications (weighted pass/fail). Applications submitted without all required materials will not be given further consideration.
Stage II: The second stage may consist of subject matter experts evaluating and rating the completed supplemental questionnaires. Applicant responses to the supplemental questions must demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities listed in the qualifications section of this announcement. The evaluation of supplemental questions may be weighted 100% of an applicant score (before residency and/or veteran points) and may determine rank on the eligible list. If a sufficient number of quality application packets are received, the supplemental screening may be followed by a third stage and the most qualified applicants will be invited to the next stage. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee advancement to Stage III.
Stage III: The third stage may consist of an oral examination (that may be preceded by a brief written exercise) (weighted 100%) and that will test the knowledge, skills and abilities listed in the qualifications section.
The ranked eligible list may be developed directly from the supplemental screening OR the results of Stage III. Candidates must earn a scale score of 70 in this examination process to be placed on the eligible list for employment consideration.
The City of Oakland reserves the right to modify the selection process as necessary to conform to administrative or business necessity.How to Apply
Apply prior to the closing time of the job announcement and allow at least an hour to submit your application if you are a new user on the system. APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED ONLINE ONLY.
You may apply and view current openings by visiting our employment opportunities webpage at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/oaklandca/default.cfm
If you do not have access to a computer, there are computer stations available at any City of Oakland Public Library. There are also work stations at the Human Resources Management Department, 150 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, 2nd Floor, Oakland, CA 94612. Work stations are available during regular business hours (normally 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.).
Our on-line application system is provided by NeoGov. If you have problems while applying online, please contact the Help Desk at (877) 204-4442.
You may also call the City of Oakland Human Resources Management Department during regular business hours at (510) 238-3112 for information.Date of Examination:
To Be AnnouncedThe City of Oakland is an EEO/ADA Employer.
If you are interested and qualified to follow the job recruitment, you have to prepare yourself and send your application letter immediately. Only candidates who meet the criteria for Neighborhood Services Coordinator in Oakland, Oakland who will be called to attend interview. If you still do not satisfy with our job recruitment information above, you can try to read other job recruitment information that we provide in our website which still located in Oakland region from any other company. You can also try to find other job recruitment information for Neighborhood Services Coordinator in Oakland below.
The above information may have been invalid or not applicable. First check to the company concerned about the information above before applying. Never give money for any reason related to the job. All information is automatically displayed from Indeed.com