MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENTIST 2 Job Opening at University of Washington in Seattle July 2017
LautanJobs.com - Today’s employment recruitment is extremely very competitive, that is certainly why you need to operate wisely and it's also not just a tricky course of action. LautanJobs.com will give you opportunity to get it done which means you could help to make the right conclusion inside far better strategy to receive swift along with superior outcome. This way you will definately get better probability and safer live sometime soon. University of Washington is one of the firms you can trust to present your family appropriate in addition to much better reside in the foreseeable future. Joining this company will make a person competent to attain your own purpose simpler and help make the desire be realized.
To help to make this company imaginative and prescient vision and also assignment comes legitimate; University of Washington will be open regarding fresh place seeing that MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENTIST 2 throughout Seattle begin as July 2017. Everybody who’s thinking about completing this kind of nonincome producing, you should engage in this particular MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENTIST 2 July 2017 recruitment within Seattle. It truly is recommended for everyone members to organize many essential prerequisites just for this employment recruitment method, for the reason that method will be needing someone to give suitable standards which the organization would like due to this location. If you are that you are one that may load the options, you can attempt to see more information about MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENTIST 2 July 2017 in Seattle below.
MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENTIST 2 at University of Washington in Seattle July 2017
The Department of Laboratory Medicine serves as a regional resource for clinical laboratory services required for patient care, research and educational programs in laboratory medicine. The department now employs 900 people who work at the award-winning University of Washington Medical Center(ranked among the top medical centers in the United States as rated by U.S. News & World Report), Harborview Medical Center (the region's only Level I Trauma center, known for innovations and excellence in trauma care and its centers of emphasis: Trauma, Burn, Neurosciences, AIDS/STD CARER, and mentally and medically-vulnerable populations.), and many other clinical and research facilities in the area. The University of Washington (UW) is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement and natural beauty.
Our Laboratory Medicine – Transfusion Service has an outstanding opportunity for a FULL TIME (100%) MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENTIST 2, DAY SHIFT . The person in this role will perform clinical laboratory tests used in the screening, diagnosing, and treating of pathological conditions. Testing is performed at a professional level and may include all facets of pretransfusion testing using both automated and manual methods, routine and complex antibody identification, component preparation, unit confirmation testing, shipping and receiving units and tissue, and sample processing, information processing, and quality control. May also include responding to trauma codes, delivery of blood products to bedside. Provide direction to laboratory staff and students and perform administrative functions. Develop and evaluate new procedures. Act as resource to Medical Laboratory Scientist 1 and Medical Laboratory Scientist Trainees in quality control and troubleshooting of instruments and procedures.
Medical Laboratory Scientist 2 Job Duties:
- Perform analysis of blood and blood products with accuracy and precision in the transfusion service laboratories.
- Follow current established procedures and guidelines for performing and documenting tests.
- Serve as a resource for other staff in performance of testing.
- Work with attention to detail and with critical review to avoid errors.
- Use job knowledge to make critical judgments regarding acceptability of test results and donor compatibility for transfusion.
- Investigate and solve problems involving specimen collection or handling; follow procedures for reporting and documenting to assure quality and timeliness of patient results.
- Take appropriate action on critical, abnormal or unusual results.
- Follow hospital procedures for communication of critical results to the appropriate health care provider.
This position provides opportunities to work in a fast-paced, challenging, diverse and rewarding environment. As an employee you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For detailed information on Benefits for this position, click here.
A Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology with a curriculum accredited by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the American Medical Association AND certification with the American Society of Clinical Pathologists or equivalent, or certification in the specialized field appropriate to the laboratory division AND two years of experience as a Clinical Technologist I or equivalent OR equivalent education/experience.
- Extensive experience in pretransfusion testing, to include complex antibody identification, component preparation, and automation.
- Candidates must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Employees working in Laboratory Medicine may be required to work in other departmental locations in order to meet patient service requirements, i.e. UWMC, HMC, CHRMC, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, SCCA, Roosevelt, Rosen, etc.
- Laboratory Medicine staff are considered essential staff and as such will be required to report to work in all weather conditions to support patient care activities.
- Must be willing to work nights and rotate weekends and holidays as needed.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability , and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
If you are interested and qualified to follow the job recruitment, you have to prepare yourself and send your application letter immediately. Only candidates who meet the criteria for MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENTIST 2 in Seattle, Seattle who will be called to attend interview. If you still do not satisfy with our job recruitment information above, you can try to read other job recruitment information that we provide in our website which still located in Seattle region from any other company. You can also try to find other job recruitment information for MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENTIST 2 in Seattle below.
The above information may have been invalid or not applicable. First check to the company concerned about the information above before applying. Never give money for any reason related to the job. All information is automatically displayed from Indeed.com