Crime Analyst Job Opening at City of Oakland, CA in Oakland
LautanJobs.com - Today’s employment recruitment is extremely very competitive, that is certainly why you need to operate wisely and it's also not just a tricky course of action. LautanJobs.com will give you opportunity to get it done which means you could help to make the right conclusion inside far better strategy to receive swift along with superior outcome. This way you will definately get better probability and safer live sometime soon. City of Oakland, CA is one of the firms you can trust to present your family appropriate in addition to much better reside in the foreseeable future. Joining this company will make a person competent to attain your own purpose simpler and help make the desire be realized.
To help to make this company imaginative and prescient vision and also assignment comes legitimate; City of Oakland, CA will be open regarding fresh place seeing that Crime Analyst throughout Oakland begin as August 2017. Everybody who’s thinking about completing this kind of nonincome producing, you should engage in this particular Crime Analyst August 2017 recruitment within Oakland. It truly is recommended for everyone members to organize many essential prerequisites just for this employment recruitment method, for the reason that method will be needing someone to give suitable standards which the organization would like due to this location. If you are that you are one that may load the options, you can attempt to see more information about Crime Analyst August 2017 in Oakland below.
Crime Analyst at City of Oakland, CA in Oakland August 2017
Living in the Bay Area can enrich your life. Now it can do the same for your career. As one of Northern California's most powerful economic forces, the City of Oakland offers an impressive array of career opportunities for visionary people who thrive on open communication and dedicated service. If you'd like to share your talents with our city, Oakland welcomes you.
The City of Oakland is currently seeking an experienced, self-motivated person to join the Crime Analysis Section at the Oakland Police Department. We're looking for an independent problem-solver with a strong investigative nature and a love of data to complete our analytical team. An Oakland Police Department Crime Analyst will have the opportunity to work with a team of like-minded analysts, fighting crime and directly impacting the community.
The City of Oakland is recruiting to fill one Crime Analyst vacancy in the Oakland Police Department to perform crime and intelligence analysis to support strategic, operational, tactical, and administrative functions of the Oakland Police Department; provide accurate and timely crime and intelligence information and analysis in support of patrol operations, criminal investigations, crime prevention, and major case and multi-agency task forces; prepare and present information and analytical findings to departmental personnel and others; and perform related work as assigned.
The eligibility list established from this recruitment may be used to fill other vacancies that occur within The City including full-time and permanent part-time positions, if applicable.
#WORKOAKLAND See us on Facebook
Examples of Duties:
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide accurate, timely and relevant analysis of crime patterns, series and trends that aid in the efficient deployment of departmental resources and that increase apprehensions and the clearance of criminal cases.
- Develop statistical data resources to assist in proactive and targeted investigations, preventive enforcement and education, identification of violence patterns, trends and criminal organizations, and identification of known and repeat offenders.
- Access data from a variety of sources, including offense and arrest reports, census reports, and law enforcement databases, and prepare reports to assist in criminal investigations or to make intelligence assessments.
- Compile, analyze and interpret statistical data using quantitative and qualitative methodology, such as spatial and temporal analysis, link analysis, event flow analysis, and activity charting; present complex and detailed statistical reports.
- Evaluate criminal patterns in an effort to predict when a crime might occur; study offender and victim characteristics and methods of operation; analyze dates, times, geography, and environment of crimes; forecast date, time, and location of next crime in a series.
- Produce complex reports and bulletins for the police department to develop strategies and tactics to effectively prevent and control crime.
- Establish criminal profiles that include prior crimes and criminal relationships as well as criminal organizations.
- Create and maintain programs which will collect, collate, analyze and disseminate crime activity data, including frequency, geographic factors, victims, targets, suspect descriptors, chronological information, suspect vehicle descriptions, modus operandi factors, potential and actual police hazards, and physical evidence information.
- Use complex databases and software applications, such as geographic information systems (GIS), electronic spreadsheets, desktop publishing, word processing, mapping tools and artificial intelligence networks.
- Respond to calls and questions from outside agencies and the general public related to crime analysis.
- Keep abreast of new developments, technology, and current literature in the field of crime statistical analysis.
- Foster and maintain relationships with team members and other law enforcement agencies and crime analysts for strategic information sharing and crime prevention strategies.
- May provide court testimony as to methodology employed in gathering information used in crime analysis.
Minimum Requirements for Application:
Any combination of education and experience that is equivalent to the following minimum qualifications is acceptable.
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in criminal justice, public or business administration, statistics, information management, computer science or other related field.
Two years of responsible experience performing crime analysis or related work is required.
License or Certificate
Possession of a valid California Driver's License. Due to assignments and hours worked, public transportation may not be an efficient method for traveling to required locations. Individuals who are appointed to this position will be required to maintain a valid California Driver's License throughout the tenure of employment OR demonstrate the ability to travel to various locations in a timely manner as required in the performance of duties.
Possession of a Certification in Crime and Intelligence Analysis or ability to obtain within twelve months of appointment.
Possession of POST Certificates in Introduction to Crime Analysis, Advanced Concepts in Criminal Intelligence and Crime Analysis is highly desirable.
Certification as a Crime Analyst through the California Department of Justice (DOJ) is desirable.
Must pass a thorough background investigation.
- Principles, practices, methodologies and techniques of crime analysis, crime prevention and law enforcement.
- Intelligence reporting including charts, association matrices, intelligence bulletins, other specialized reports and graphic presentations.
- Qualitative and quantitative research methods, including statistical procedures.
- English punctuation, syntax, language mechanics and spelling.
- Personal computer software applications and data processing programs (GIS and Intelligence applications, spreadsheets, word processing, databases, etc.).
- Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Perform cross tabulations; create charts and graphs; export objects to other applications.
- Work with restricted law enforcement documents and highly confidential information.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Combine separate pieces of information to form specific answers to problems, general rules or conclusions.
- Communicate clearly and concisely in oral and written form.
- Prepare reports that are objective, succinct, pertinent, and articulate.
- Use personal computer and software applications.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contacted in the performance of required duties.
The Selection Process
Stage I: The first stage in the selection process will consist of a review of each applicant employment application and supplemental questionnaire for minimum qualifications (weighted pass/fail). Applications submitted without all required materials will not be given further consideration.
Stage II: The second stage will consist of subject matter experts evaluating and rating the completed supplemental questionnaires. Applicant responses to the supplemental questions must demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities listed in the qualifications section of this announcement. The evaluation of supplemental questions may be weighted 100% of an applicant score (before residency and/or veteran points) and may determine rank on the eligible list. If a sufficient number of quality application packets are received, the supplemental screening may be followed by a third stage and the most qualified applicants will be invited to the next stage. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee advancement to Stage III
Stage III: The third stage may consist of an oral examination that may be preceded by a brief written exercise (weighted 100%) and that will test the knowledge, skills and abilities listed in the qualifications section.
The ranked eligible list may be developed directly from the supplemental screening OR the results of Stage III. Candidates must earn a scale score of 70 in this examination process to be placed on the eligible list for employment consideration.
The City of Oakland reserves the right to modify the selection process as necessary to conform to administrative or business necessity.
How to Apply
Apply prior to the closing time of the job announcement and allow at least an hour to submit your application if you are a new user on the system. APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED ONLINE ONLY.
You may apply and view current openings by visiting our employment opportunities webpage at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/oaklandca/default.cfm
If you do not have access to a computer, there are computer stations available at any City of Oakland Public Library. There are also work stations at the Department of Human Resources Management, 150 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, 2nd Floor, Oakland, CA 94612. Work stations are available during regular business hours (normally 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.).
Our on-line application system is provided by NeoGov. If you have problems while applying online, please contact the Help Desk at (877) 204-4442.
You may also call the City of Oakland Department of Human Resources Management at (510) 238-3112 for information.
Date Of Examination:
Week of July 24, 2017
The City of Oakland is an EEO/ADA Employer.
If you are interested and qualified to follow the job recruitment, you have to prepare yourself and send your application letter immediately. Only candidates who meet the criteria for Crime Analyst in Oakland, Oakland who will be called to attend interview. If you still do not satisfy with our job recruitment information above, you can try to read other job recruitment information that we provide in our website which still located in Oakland region from any other company. You can also try to find other job recruitment information for Crime Analyst in Oakland below.
The above information may have been invalid or not applicable. First check to the company concerned about the information above before applying. Never give money for any reason related to the job. All information is automatically displayed from Indeed.com