Brewer I Job Opening at Uinta Brewing Co. in Salt Lake City
LautanJobs.com - Today’s employment recruitment is extremely very competitive, that is certainly why you need to operate wisely and it's also not just a tricky course of action. LautanJobs.com will give you opportunity to get it done which means you could help to make the right conclusion inside far better strategy to receive swift along with superior outcome. This way you will definately get better probability and safer live sometime soon. Uinta Brewing Co. is one of the firms you can trust to present your family appropriate in addition to much better reside in the foreseeable future. Joining this company will make a person competent to attain your own purpose simpler and help make the desire be realized.
To help to make this company imaginative and prescient vision and also assignment comes legitimate; Uinta Brewing Co. will be open regarding fresh place seeing that Brewer I throughout Salt Lake City begin as September 2017. Everybody who’s thinking about completing this kind of nonincome producing, you should engage in this particular Brewer I September 2017 recruitment within Salt Lake City. It truly is recommended for everyone members to organize many essential prerequisites just for this employment recruitment method, for the reason that method will be needing someone to give suitable standards which the organization would like due to this location. If you are that you are one that may load the options, you can attempt to see more information about Brewer I September 2017 in Salt Lake City below.
Brewer I at Uinta Brewing Co. in Salt Lake City September 2017
The Brewer I is responsible for many aspects of the brewing process including raw material handling; old-school manual wort production; new-school automated wort production; cellar operations including filtration, clarification, clean in place (CIP), COP, general cleaning, sanitation, forklift operation; various quality assurance methods, various research and development analytics; and beer evaluation. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable in technical recipe design and development, and proficient in brew house, cold block, yeast, and filtration management. The person in this role will have a can-do attitude and a hands-on approach to assist in implementing all aspects of the brewing process This role will work closely with our brewing and production teams to ensure that we're brewing quality craft beers.
We are hiring for a Saturday-Tuesday weekend schedule (10 hours shifts).
Uinta Brewing Company embarked upon its mission of brewing world class, full-flavored, craft-brewed beer in 1993. Uinta is named after the only major east-west running mountain range located in the continental U.S. Since 1993, Uinta Brewing has created world class, full-flavored, craft-brewed beer ranging from 4.0% to over 13% alcohol by volume. The Uinta team comprised of outdoor and beer enthusiasts, value passion, encourage excellence, and work hard to sustain our environment.
- Implement and maintain all parts of the brewing process to complete all aspects of yeast pitching, fermentation temperatures, clarity, microbiological stabilization, and bottle conditioning. This process flow includes maintaining sensory, flow rates and volumes, process times and temperatures, pH levels, density measures, and other parameter settings. Add raw materials per recipe (malt, hops, yeast etc.).
- Monitor raw materials inventory levels.
- Work directly with senior production and brewery staff to improve on efficiencies and ensure the quality and craftsmanship of our beers.
- Communicate effectively with brewing and production teams regarding the status of the process flow and consistency.
- Conduct and ensure daily cleaning of all work areas within brewing (5S) - clean vessels, pipes, valves, heat exchangers, flow meters, and sensors to ensure a sanitary and non-contaminated process.
- Follow and grow Uinta’s Safety First program - adhere to OSHA and NBB safety regulations and practices to ensure a safe and productive work environment. Handle in a safe manner all chemicals used in brewing.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance and troubleshooting maintenance on process manufacturing equipment when scheduled or needed.
- Engage in quality assurance activities to ensure products meet quality assurance specifications and standards.
- Engage in research and development activities to continually improve upon quality of product and process.
- Support new ideas for process improvement and help implement them.
- Be an ambassador for our beers.
- PRODUCTIVITY – Manages a high workload and a variety of responsibilities, prioritizes tasks, develops good work procedures, manages time and efficiency, handles information flow.
- TEAMWORK – Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
- RESULTS FOCUS – Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets team standards and responsibilities. Ensures accuracy & completion of work, focuses on desired result.
- QUALITY – Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, acts on quality problems.
- DEPENDABILITY – Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Candidates must be 21 years of age or older.
- Background in wort production, cellar operations, general brewery work, all grain homebrewing, general production work, food processing, and/or science coursework is preferred.
- University degree in Chemistry, Brewing, Distilling, or another relevant field is preferred.
- Basic knowledge or aptitude to learn brewing science.
- Basic knowledge and aptitude in the areas of math, physics, chemistry, microbiology.
- Mechanical aptitude/skills/knowledge a must - Solid working knowledge of equipment with multiple logic functions and capabilities requiring specialized training.
- Ability to read and understand a variety of scientific instruments and calculations.
- Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Food Safety standards
- Must be flexible in scheduling. Candidates may be scheduled for day, evening, night, or weekend brewhouse or cellar shifts.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task while being quality- and detail-focused.
- Adaptable to changing priorities, and ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work both independently and in small work teams.
- Exercise initiative and judgment as well as make decisions with the scope of assigned authority.
- Interpret and understand policies and relate them to others.
- Read, analyze, and interpret periodicals, journals, technical procedures and/or government regulations as needed.
- Ability to crouch, bend, twist and stand for extended periods of time in a warehouse environment. Lift 55# several times/day, climb stairs several times/day, stoop into close quarters, grip and manipulate Tri-clamps several times/day
- Is driven to meet Uinta Brewing Company’s purpose to responsibly craft exceptional beers that are relevant to today’s and tomorrow’s consumer.
- Acknowledge that each Uinta team member is important and a positive contributor to our success.
- Adhere to Uinta’s core value that it’s never wrong to do the right thing.
- Bring passion and excellence to everything we do.
- Innovate, pursue knowledge, and stretch to grow.
- Actively work to sustain our environment and encourage others to do the same.
- Support a continuation of making Uinta Brewing Company a great workplace.
Physical working conditions are required with this position. Working in, on and around vessels and pipes under pressure containing air, CO2, water, beer, chemicals, steam, and hazardous chemicals is common place. The work areas are mechanical in nature, require permits for confined spaces, fall protection devices for elevated work stations, and require a significant amount of walking and working on wet slippery surfaces. Process temperatures vary from 2 C to 100 C which cause varying ambient temperature conditions. Brewer could encountered some level of dust from the handling of malt raw materials to handling of diatomaceous earth on a regular basis. Moderate physical activity is required by handling objects up to 100 pounds occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds frequently.
If you are interested and qualified to follow the job recruitment, you have to prepare yourself and send your application letter immediately. Only candidates who meet the criteria for Brewer I in Salt Lake City, Salt Lake City who will be called to attend interview. If you still do not satisfy with our job recruitment information above, you can try to read other job recruitment information that we provide in our website which still located in Salt Lake City region from any other company. You can also try to find other job recruitment information for Brewer I in Salt Lake City below.
The above information may have been invalid or not applicable. First check to the company concerned about the information above before applying. Never give money for any reason related to the job. All information is automatically displayed from Indeed.com